On many occasions, Xbox One Controller users experience fluctuations while operating Xbox on system. Usually, this issue arises as USB devices do not recognize errors on the screen. Xbox Controller issues, more commonly, include these two situations:
- Xbox One Controller stops getting recognized by Windows 10 which can be an issue with cable connection or incompatibility.
- Xbox One Controller stops working and the USB device does not show up on the system. Sometimes the Xbox One Controller keeps getting disconnected automatically.
These issues mostly come out as a result of driver related problems. Since drivers play a key role in uninterrupted processes, not keeping them up-to-date is one of the obvious reasons behind the Xbox One Controller issue. In this section, you will know to solve the Xbox One Controller driver related issues along with other Xbox problems.
Workarounds to Resolve Xbox One Controller Issues
There can be multiple causes behind the Xbox One Controller issues you are facing on your system, be it an outdated driver or a USB port issue. Here are the best ways to make sure you get the Xbox One Controller back to life.
1. Update/ Re-install Xbox Drivers
Drivers can be a root-cause for why you are viewing the USB not recognized error and are not able to access Xbox One Controller on your system properly. To help your PC recognize the Xbox Controller, you must update the Xbox drivers.
Here are the steps you can follow to update Xbox drivers:
- Type Device Manager in the search box and hit the option to enter the Device Manager section.
- Now, you have to expand the Xbox One Controller driver software.
- Click the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
Windows will not find the updates and download them. After that, you can restart your PC and see if that makes any difference.
Alternatively, you can try to uninstall and then again install the Xbox One Controller driver software on your system to solve the problem. To do that:
- Go to the Device Manager.
- Right-click on the Xbox One Controller driver software.
- Check the Uninstall device option.
- Confirm by hitting the Uninstall button.
- Now hit the Scan for hardware changes option.
You will find the default driver updated on your system after some time. You can also go to the Xbox One Controller search page and look for the correct driver for Xbox. This way, you will be able to make sure that your Xbox has the right driver installed. So, you can get the Xbox One Controller driver download in order to fix the issue.
On the top, the best thing you can do to ensure updated drivers on your system is to use a third-party driver updater tool that allows you to have automatic driver updates for all the available device drivers. This one is a seamless way to instill faster performance into your device drivers which help you by automatically recognizing the best drivers for your devices and downloading them. If you want you can run updates for all of the available device drivers in your PC.
2. Update Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator Driver
Besides the best driver updater software, the additional way to help this issue is by updating the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator driver. This driver can be one of the major reasons to push glitch into your Xbox One Controller. To address this problem, you can update the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator driver.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Go to the Device Manager.
- Find the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator.
- Now, right-click on it and select the Update driver option from the menu.
- Then you have to click the Browse my computer for driver software option.
- Select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer option.
- In the final step, you can hit the Plug and Play Software Enumerator and then click Next.
3. Update Windows
If you are struggling with Xbox One Controller issues on your PC, it may be due to the pending Windows update due to which your system can face a drastic slowdown and failed operations. In order to get Xbox Controller back to functionality, you can update Windows and see if that helps.
Here are the steps to do that:
- Launch Settings on your screen.
- Open the Update and Security section.
- Now click the Check for Updates option.
There you can see if there are any pending updates and install them in order to boost power into your Windows which can impact Xbox functionality for good.
4. Use Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter
There are multiple troubleshooters offered by Windows that help resolve many issues automatically. Since the Xbox One Controller issue can arise due to some technical glitch in your system, you can seek Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve it.
Here are the steps to use Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:
- Open the Settings app (Windows Key + I) and go to the Update & Security section.
- Now, hit the Troubleshoot option from the menu.
- In the right pane Then, you have to select the Hardware and Devices from the right pane.
- Finally, hit Run the troubleshooter.
After the troubleshooting process is complete, you can check if the issue has vanished now.
5. Use Another Different USB Cable and Port
Sometimes, the Xbox issue can arise because of an incompatible cable. If you are facing issues in your Xbox One Controller then it is time to check cables and see if that is where the problem is budding. You can fix the issue by replacing the cable with a different one. Know that not every cable is able to work up to your Xbox and thus, trying a different one may be the best solution to this issue in your case. Apart from that you can also consider trying another port to connect your Xbox One Controller. The issue may be caused by a USB port to solve which you can connect the controller to the port at the back of your PC and see if that works.
Xbox One Controller Issues: Solved
Xbox One Controller is one the most important companions for many users, given its ability to let users access interesting options. Whenever it shows up with USB errors or any other problem, you can kill the problem by removing the outdated tag from Windows and drivers. Besides, you can seek Windows troubleshooter to work this issue out.
Let us know if this section was helpful in the comment section.