The days when we used to visit the nearby shop often to recharge our mobile number, are just memories now. The internet revolution has surely changed the world a lot and for good. Unlike the days gone by, we do not have to run to the stores to get our number recharged. All that we need to do is to browse through a recharge app we use regularly, choose a pack, and carry out the process of recharge. The entire process takes not more than 2 minutes. The best part is that you can do it anytime and from anywhere in the world, provided you have access to internet connectivity.
However, before you do all of it, you must make sure that the app you are using is user-friendly and provides some good offers and benefits. For users who prefer recharging their numbers online should use an app that enables carrying out a smooth recharge process. Also, it should offer the best cashback. Want to know about some of the apps that offer the best of the cashback value and hassle-free recharge process? Here you go:
- Airtel Thanks App: Install the app from Google Play Store or iOS App Store and log in using your Airtel mobile number and the One Time Password (OTP). You then have to click on the recharge icon and put in the mobile number that you want to recharge and the amount. You can also browse through the various available plans. If your number is not of Airtel but another operator, you also have to specify the operator and the circle that the number belongs to. You can also get the various cashback that the app offers on every recharge, be it prepaid, DTH or FASTag. You can also recharge the number of your family and friends that are with other operators. This app facilitates all major wallets and UPI making transactions easy.
- PhonePe: It is yet another app that is widely used by users in India for recharging their mobile number. The app is UPI enabled and can be linked to your bank account without any hassle. Apart from recharging phone numbers, you can use the app to pay utility bills, fund transfer, request money, to name a few. The app is also famous for great offers like cashbacks and discounts.
- Paytm: Another famous app for recharging phone numbers is Paytm. This app sure has captured a lot of market share. In a short period, the app has earned a lot of fame; and all because of the user-friendly and cashbacks. You can do your mobile recharge in just a few clicks at any time of the day with this app. You will get cashback, deals, and discounts on the mobile recharge or bill payments, but not as much as the other apps.
- Mobikwik: You can consider this app for recharging your phone number, paying your utility bills, and even for shopping. The e-wallet can be used for making payments at merchants such as IRCTC, OYO Rooms, Big Basket, Book My Show, Shop Clues, Myntra, Grofers, eBay, Domino’s Pizza, and many more. It also offers some of the best cashback through partner services and deals.
- Amazon Pay: A digital payment app owned by Amazon, is also one of the popular apps you can use for recharging your phone number. You can use the app to make payments for purchased goods as well as services. It offers cashbacks monthly once you load money into the wallet. You can also carry out shopping through the same Amazon app.
You can choose any of these apps and go ahead with recharging your mobile number. Each of the apps offers cashback and discounts; however, it is totally up to your preference for any app. Especially if your mobile operator is Airtel, it is advised to opt for Airtel Thanks App or Airtel Money Wallet. There are additional benefits that you get with Airtel Thanks App like the latest offer of free subscription to Amazon Prime mobile edition.
The Airtel Payments bank has recently introduced Airtel Safe Pay which adds an additional layer of security for consumers for their transactions. Airtel uses its intelligence network to send alerts to the user whenever any money leaves his/her account ensuring that no money leaves the consumers account without his/her knowledge.
Digital payment and recharge apps have definitely made life easier and the convenience they provide is incomparable. With the help of recharge apps we can now recharge our prepaid number, Get a timely recharge done for our DTH services or get a quick FASTag recharge. We can also use the recharge apps to pay our utility bills like electricity, gas, water and more. Some recharge apps double up as payment app too; helping users to pay their insurance premiums, loan EMI, credit card bills or transfer money irrespective of time or place. Thus Indians are embracing this new technology offering with open arms and choosing to go digital.
Getting additional benefits like cashbacks definitely make the entire deal sweeter and recharge apps are competing hard with each other to boast of the best cashback offers. But ‘Not all that glitters is gold’, so when choosing the right recharge app one should not just be lured by the cashbacks only but also look into the safety and security of the transactions.
Also you need to review your needs and accordingly choose the app that best suits your requirement. The app design, user interface, the size of the app (we do not want the app to eat up all of our phone space and drain out the phone battery) and ease of use play an equally important role.
In days to come we can look forward to a lot more digitally enabled services to change our life and lifestyle especially with the aid of handheld devices like smartphones. For now let us see how these recharge apps evolve to facilitate our day to day routine to help us make better use of our time and money.