What You Need to Know
- Pair your PS5 controller as a regular Bluetooth device via Settings > Bluetooth.
- Press and hold the power and share button on the controller to enter pairing mode.
- You still can’t use the PS5 DualSense controller with the PS Remote Play app.
This article teaches you how to connect a PlayStation 5 controller to your Android smartphone.
How to connect the PlayStation 5 controller to Android
There are many games available for Android smartphones that support the use of the PS5 controller. Here’s how to connect a PS5 controller to a phone so you can play wherever you are.
- Turn on your PS5 controller by pressing and holding the PS logo in the center of the controller.
- Press and hold the PS logo (power) button at the same time as the Share button (to the left of the Touch Bar) to put the PS5 controller into pairing mode. The lights will flash on your PS5 controller once it has entered pairing mode.
- On your Android phone, tap Settings.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Your Playstation 5 controller should now appear as one of the devices to pair under Available Devices.
- Tap the name of the PlayStation 5 controller, then tap Pair for the pairing to take effect.
- The controller is already paired with your Android smartphone.
How to disconnect the PS5 controller from your Android smartphone
Now that you can pair the PS5 controller with a phone, you may want to disconnect it after you’re done playing. This is what you have to do on your Android phone.
- Tap Settings.
- Touch Bluetooth.
- Tap the i next to the named PS5 controller.
- Tap Disconnect
If you prefer to unpair the controller, which would require you to pair it again to use it again, tap Unpair.
What can I and can’t I do with the controller connected?
Here’s a brief explanation of what you can and can’t do when connecting the PlayStation 5 controller to your Android phone.
- It is possible to play any Android game that supports controllers. Many Android games support controllers, and they’re often easier to play with a physical device than with touchscreen options. Find controller compatible games and use your PS5 DualSense here.
- You can navigate the home screen of your Android phone with the controller. Do you want to move around the home screen with the PS5 controller? You can do this, saving yourself the need to touch the screen. It can be useful for certain accessibility purposes.
- You cannot use the PS5 DualSense controller with the PS Remote Play app. Although you can use the PS Remote Play app to play with a PS4 DualShock controller, it is not currently compatible with the PS5 DualSense controller.
- You can’t pair the controller with more than one device at a time. Do you want to have your PS5 controller paired with your console and your phone at the same time? This is not possible. Instead, you’ll need to repair it with a device after using it on one of them originally. Plan accordingly before starting a marathon gaming session.