We all have heard that C has become obsolete and applications of C programming are decreasing day by day. But, it is a myth!
C is regarded as one of the oldest languages widely used all over the world. The knowledge of programming is incomplete without the incorporation of the C language.
Our C Programming tutorial in Hindi is designed to help beginners to understand and learn more about C Language.
Who developed C Language?
C is a general-purpose programming language that is developed by Dennis Richie in1972 in Bell laboratory.
What is the C programming language?
C is the most widely known programming language as it is simple and flexible. It is also machine-independent, a structured programming language that is used extensively in various applications.
It can be defined in the following ways:
- C is the Mother of all Programming languages!
- Most of the compilers, JVMs, Kernels, etc. are written in the C language
- C++, Java, C#, and many other programming languages follow C syntax.
- Helps in understanding the core concepts like the array, strings, functions, file handling, etc
- System programming language
- The system programming language is used to create hardware OS, kernels ( eg: the Linux kernel is written in C. ), etc.
- The system programming language is not useful for internet programming like Java, .Net, PHP, etc.
- Procedure-oriented programming language
- Specifies a procedure for the program to solve the problem.
- Structured programming language
- It helps in breaking the program into parts or blocks so that it may be easy to understand.
- Mid-level programming language
- C is a mid-level language because it supports both low-level( i.e pointer arithmetic) and high-level languages (i.e. machine independent ).
Prerequisite to learn C programming in Hindi
- Before learning C Programming Hindi, you must have a basic knowledge of Computer Fundamental.
Why Learn C Programming in Hindi?
C programming in Hindi has benefited most of the rural students to become great Software Engineer.
I will list down some of the key advantages of learning C Programming in Hindi :
- Easy to learn.
- Structured language.
- It produces efficient programs.
- It can handle low-level activities.
Applications of C Programming:
- Operating Systems: UNIX is the first operating system, which was designed in the C programming language.
- Embedded Systems: Embedded systems are closely related to machine hardware, scripting embedded application in a c programming language is an optimum choice.
- GUI: GUI stands for Graphical User Interface. One of the most popularly used photo editors since the olden time is Adobe Photoshop. This was created with the help of C.
- Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird: Since Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird were open-source email client projects, they were written in C/C++.
- MySQL: MySQL is an open-source Database Management Systems was written in C/C++.
- Gaming and Animation: C is comparatively faster than Java or Python it finds several applications in the gaming sector. For Eg: Tic-Tac-Toe, The Snake game, etc.
Features of C Programming language:
- C is a simple language that helps in breaking the problem into parts, and it has a set of rich library functions, data types, etc.
- C programs can be executed on different computer systems with some machine-specific changes.
- C provides a lot of inbuilt functions that help in reducing the development time and helps in optimizing the performance.
- Dynamic memory allocation i.e we can free the allocated memory at any time by calling the free() function.
- Due to the lesser inbuilt functions, the compilation and execution time of the C language is fast.
- C provides the feature of pointers that helps in interacting with memory directly.
- Recursion is a process of repeating items in a similar way i.e function to call itself.
- C language can easily adopt new features.
Facts about C
- C was not called C at the beginning. It has been named C after passing many stages of evolution ( ALGO -> BCPL -> B -> Tradition C -> K&R C -> ANSI C -> ANSI/ISO C -> C99).
- C is the oldest programming language that is the most widely used and popular System Programming Language to date.
- C18 is the latest version which was released in June 2018.
- It is the most basic programming language, which is why almost 95% of the world’s developers started their career in C programming.
- C supports 45 operators & they are categorized into 8 different groups.
- The kernel is the most famous operating system Linux is written in C.
Last But Not The Least…
How to Install C?
Turbo C++ is a widely used compiler to download.
To install the Turbo C software follow the below steps:
- Download Turbo C++
- Create turbo directory inside c drive and extract the tc3.zip inside c:\turboc
- Double click on the install.exe file.
- Click on the tc application which is inside c:\TC\BIN to write the c program.
Wrapping it up…
If you are a Fresher and willing to learn c programming in vernacular language, here is an opportunity to get started with C Programming in Hindi for free.