Make and freeze roast vegetables
- 1 red onion, cut into eighths
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed with skins on
- 2 aubergines, cut into 2.5cm/1in thick slices
- 500g/1lb 2oz courgettes, cut into 2.5cm/1in thick slices
- 2 red, yellow or orange peppers, thinly sliced
- 500g/1lb 2oz cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Divide the vegetables between two roasting tins. Drizzle over the olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then roast for 30–40 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
Eat the roasted vegetables hot from the oven, or allow them to cool and store in the fridge for later use.